Philippines – Landslide (NDRRMC)
- On 13 October, a landslide occurred in San Luis (Agusan del Sur, Mindanao), due to heavy rains. According to NDRRMC report (as of 17 October), 76 persons were affected and 15 houses were reported totally damaged.
Mexico - Tropical Cyclone PAUL-12 (GDACS, NOAA, Media)
- PAUL-12, on 16 October moved towards Baja California Peninsula, slightly losing strength, and in the evening its center moved very close to the south-western coasts of the peninsula, causing some minor flooding in the southern tip of peninsula.
- At 03:00 UTC on 17 October it was a tropical storm (max wind speed of 93 km/h) and its center was located 75 km SW of San Juanico. A tropical storm warning is still in effect for parts of the southern Baja California Peninsula.
- Its center is forecast to move along the west coast of Baja California Peninsula, weakening, and on 18 October it might start moving away from Mexico.
Tropical Cyclone ANAIS-12 in Indian Ocean (GDACS, Meteo France-La Reunion)
- ANAIS-12, formed in the Indian Ocean (near Diego Garcia Island) on 12 October, moved southwest towards Madagascar.
- On 17 October at 00:00 UTC it was a tropical storm (max wind speed of 84 km/h) and its center was located about 800 km east of northern Madagascar.
- In the next 24h it is forecast to move west over open water, towards Madagascar, slightly weakening.
Nigeria – Floods (Media, JRC)
- Since July, heavy rains have affected most of Nigeria causing flooding.
- On 16 October, media reports 27 persons dead in the floods that hit Taraba State; 12 people were still missing. The same media source quoted that possibly about 34,000 people are occupying 27 camps scattered across six affected local government areas of the state; the local government worst hit is Karin Lamido (approx. 16,500 people displaced), followed by Lau (appr. 8,500 displaced).
- As of 16 October, the floods are affecting Taraba State as well as areas along the Niger and Benue Rivers.
Bulgaria – Forest Fires (EFFIS)
- A fire in Neykovo (Sliven), started on 11 October, has burned an area of 292 ha as of 15 October
Meteoalarm – Orange Alert
- Strong winds in western coasts of Latvia – Orange Alert
- Coastal event in north-western Spain and in north-western France – Orange Alert
Forest Fire risk in Europe (EFFIS)
- Extreme or very high risk in southern tip of Portugal, in south-western Spain, in southern Bulgaria and in south-eastern Turkey.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.