Vietnam – Floods (Vietnam Government)
- Flash floods triggered by heavy rainfall during the passage of Tropical Cyclone GAEMI-12 over Vietnam on Oct 6-7 have caused the death of 3 people (as of Oct 10) in the provinces of Quang Nam, Dak Lak and Lam Dong in central/southern Viet Nam.
- In the Ea H’el district in Dak Lak, flash floods swept away 2 bridges, submerged 490 houses and damaged 1,800 ha of crops.
- In the province of Phu Yen, where GAEMI-12 made landfall on Oct 06, the damage by the heavy rainfall and subsequent floods in agriculture and infrastructure is estimated at around 230,000 Euros (6 billion dong).
- In the province of Dak Nong, a warning for widespread flooding was been issued on Oct 09, since the water level in most rivers is close to overflow.
Uruguay – Severe weather (SINAE, WMO)
- Heavy rains and thunderstorms in the past two days in Uruguay have caused the evacuation of 1,286 people nationwide as of late on Oct 09, in Artigas (principally), Tacuarembo, Rivera, Salto and Resume. A number of roads are reported impassable and 4,000 people were left without power. 137 mm of rain in 24 h were measured in Artigas on Oct 09, between 50 and 100 mm in many places in the country.
- Late on Oct 09 the weather warnings were lifted as the rains are forecast to subside.
Guatemala – Floods (CONRED, WMO)
- Heavy rains in the middle of last week (Oct 4) caused floods that affected 3,475 people in the departments of Alta Verapaz and Peten in the centre and north of the country. Damage was reported in 691 houses in these two departments and 1,600 people were evacuated in the municipality of Raxruha, Alta Verapaz.
- Heavy rainfall is continuing in Guatemala; 92mm in 24h between Oct 08 and 09 were recorded in the port of San Jose.
Meteoalarm – Orange Alerts
- Heavy rains in southern Germany and western Austria – Orange Alert
Forest Fire risk in Europe
- Very high risk in NE Spain, southern Sardinia in Italy, some regions in northern Greece, central FYRoM, SW Bulgaria and southern Ukraine.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.