China – Floods (Xinhua, Media)
- Beijing has been hit by very heavy rainfall on the 21.7.2012. According to the Chinese Media, rainfall in some places in the Beijing area reached the highest ever recorded levels, with the district of Fangshan receiving 460mm of rain
- The ensuing floods have caused the death of 37 people and the evacuation of around 60,000 others in the Beijing area, most of them in Fangshan. Preliminary estimates of the damages in housing and infrastructure are up to 1.6 billion USD
Spain - Forest Fires (Spain CP -Media)
- Severe forest fires affected the cities of Portbou and La Jonquera in the region of Girona in Catalonia, NE Spain. The fires had caused the death of 3 people, 24 others were injured (15 in serious condition) and 140,000 residents of the region on Alt Emporda have been confined to their homes. According to media reports, 13,000 hectares of land have been burned
France – Forest Fires (France CP)
- There were forest fire fighting activity in the South of France. On the 21.7.2012, the intervention of national aerial and ground assets was needed for 6 fires, and in particular for the fires at Bouleternere (200ha) and Cavaillon (50ha). On the 22.7.2012 a forest fire affected Perthus, near by the Spanish borders. The village of Perthus was evacuated
Portugal – Forest Fires (Media, EFFIS)
- There were forest fires in Cochopo (near Faro) and Algavre. According to EFFIS, more than estimated 20,000 ha have been burned in Cochopo
Montenegro - Forest Fires (Montenegro - CP)
- There were forest fires in in the north of the country: Žabljak (villages of Podgora-Tmora, Ninkovići and Brajkovača) and Pljevlja (villages of Makaruke, Bobovo and Obarde).
- A new request for assistance (2 firefighting helicopters) from the Montenegro Authorities was received on 21.7.2012
Austria – Floods (Austria CP)
- Heavy rains and thunderstorms caused flash floods and mud slides in 3 districts (Liezen, Bruck/Mur and Murtal) of the Styria province and caused 1 casualty
- Around 20 persons have been evacuated by helicopters from federal police and army and as a result of the caused damages up to 250 persons have been temporarily evacuated from their homes and are accommodated in nearby recreation centers and at relatives
Forest Fire risk in Europe (EFFIS)
- Extreme or very high forest fire risk in southern Portugal, central and southern Spain, the Mediterranean coast of France, western and southern coastal Italy, coastal Croatia, northwestern Serbia, the whole of Albania, the whole of Greece, central, Aegean and SE Turkey, northern Cyprus, Malta, the whole of Bulgaria, central FYRoM, southern Romania and southern and eastern Ukraine.
Meteoalarm – Red and Orange Alerts
- Strong winds in coastal Croatia – Orange Alert
- Thunderstorms in southern Serbia – Orange Alert
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.