Email Print
| A A A



United Kingdom - Contact

Vademecum - Civil Protection

Jump to category:

Emergency numbers


In the UK all 999 or 112 calls go through to emergency operators of either British Telecom (BT), Cable & Wireless (C&W), Kingston Communications or Global Crossing (RailNet). This depends on which phone network the caller is using. These operators ask the caller which emergency service is required and then connects the caller to the control room of the service requested in the caller's geographic region. Virtually all the emergency service control rooms have access to translators if the caller does not speak English.

999 is the commonly used telephone number for emergency services (although 112 also works).

List of contacts

Civil Contingencies Secretariat
Address: 22 Whitehall, 2nd Floor, London SW1A 2WH, UK
Switchboard:  +44 (0)20 7276 1234

Website sources: