The Vademecum gives a general overview of the measures taken by EU Member States as well as at EU level to deal with disasters.
Disasters may be due to natural causes, such as earthquakes, landslides, forest fires, floods, snowstorms, tidal waves and/or human activity, such as in the case of accidents involving chemicals, etc.
- professionals working in the field of civil protection at the national, regional and local level
- volunteers and non-governmental organisations
- interested members of the public
- EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Monitoring and Information Center
- Training and exercises
- Financial instrument
- Legal texts in the EU