Civil protection financial instrument
OJ C 49 of 16 February 2011
Call for Proposals: Projects on prevention and preparedness
The 2011 call for proposals for projects on prevention and preparedness in the field of civil protection covers TWO separate sections, each with specific objectives and budget:
(A) Prevention projects
(B) Preparedness projects
Objectives of prevention projects
- Objective 1: Developing knowledge-based disaster prevention policies
- Objective 2: Implementing prevention measures
- Objective 3: Improving the effectiveness of existing policy and financial instruments with regard to disaster prevention
Objectives of preparedness projects
- Objective 1: Improve the effectiveness of emergency response by enhancing the preparedness and awareness of civil protection professionals and volunteers
- Objective 2: Support and complement the efforts of the participating states for the protection of citizens, environment and property in the event of natural and man-made disasters
- Objective 3: Facilitate reinforced cooperation between the participating countries in preparedness for civil protection and marine pollution
This year the call will follow a two stage submission procedure. For the first stage applicants will be asked to submit only a summary note (Form S) of the action proposed. Only those applicants, whose proposals satisfy the evaluation of the first stage, will be requested to submit complete proposals with all the forms (A, T and F) in the second stage.
Successful applicants of the first stage will have approximately two additional months to prepare full proposals with all the A, T and F forms.
The deadline for submission of summary notes is 18/03/2011.
The general notice for this Call for Proposals was published in the Official Journal of the European Union, C 49 on 16 February 2011 The criteria for applying for funding under this call, i.e. the Grant application guide for Projects on Prevention and Preparedness 2011, the summary note (form S), administrative (A), technical (T1+T) and financial (F) forms 2011 are available by clicking on the corresponding links.
Please click on the following links for more information on the grant agreement governing the action grants funded under the Civil Protection Financial Instrument: Special provisions, Common provisions, Annex II (Guidelines for technical report) and Annex III (Financial statement + Guidelines for completing the financial statement), Annex IV (Guidelines for audit certificate on action grants + Audit certificate on Action grants) and Guidelines to partnership agreement.
Follow this link to view the Official journal in the other European Unions' languages.
Click here to view the FAQs.
Results of the first stage evaluation for the Preparedness and prevention call 2011
For the first stage of the Prevention and preparedness call 2011 we have received 76 proposals for prevention section and 54 proposals for preparedness section.
All together 41 proposals (23 prevention and 18 preparedness) have been selected for submitting a complete proposal with all the forms (A, T and F) in the second stage. Full proposals should be submitted by 16 September 2011 according to the requirements in the Grant application guide (chapter 7.2 and 8.2). Proposals must be submitted by a post or private courier by 16 September not later than 17.00 to the address indicated in the Grant application guide 2011 (chapter 7.1).