Health and Migration Advisory Group Meeting
25-26 February 2008
This was the third meeting of the Health and Migration Advisory Group. The group was originally convened to provide advice and support on the issues of health and migration, which were prioritised by the Portuguese Presidency (July-December 2007). Forty-five participants attended the meeting including representatives from Member States, World Health Organization, Council of Europe as well as project leaders and participants from migration and health related projects from the Public Health Programme, invited experts and staff from the Commission services and European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
The main objectives were to provide an update on recent activities in health and at EU and international levels; review and create linkages with current projects on health and migration funded under the public health programme; consider related EU policy developments in the areas of public health; migration, employment, equal opportunities and research; and exchange information and contribute to the planning and organization of future work on the topic of health and migration.
- Overview EU Migration Policy with specific emphasis on Integration, European Migration Network. DG Justice and Home Affairs.
- Migration in employment, social and equal opportunities policies. DG Employment.
- AIDS and Mobility. Project presentation.
- Assisting Migrants and Communities: Analysis of Social Determinants of Health and Health Inequalities. International Organisation for Migrations.
- Health and Migration in the EU. Draft Council conclusion.
- ECDC Migrant Health Report. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs - 2837th Council meeting (IP)
- Health of Migrants - Good Practices. Instituto Nacional de Saúde Doutor Ricardo Jorge Lisboa, Portugal.
- Health of Migrants - Events under the Portuguese EU presidency. José Pereira Miguel, Portugal Presidency Health Task Force, Ministry of Health.
- The Italian National Institute for Health, Migrants and Poverty (INMP) – presentation.
- Monitoring the Health Status of Migrants within Europe: Development of indicators. University Medical Centre Rotterdam.
- MIGHEALTHNET - Information network on good practice in health care for migrants and minorities in Europe. Project presentation.
- MigHealthNet UK website.
- Health Care in NowHereLand – Improving Services for Undocumented Migrants in the EU. Project presentation.
- 8th Conference of European Health Ministers - People on the Move: Human Rights and Challenges for Health Care Systems. Bratislava Declaration
- Increasing Public Health Safety alongside the New Eastern European Border. Project presentation.
- Public Health Executive Agency – presentation
- Update on EU Action on Health and Migration. DG Health and Consumers
- Public health projects in the field of migration funded by the PHEA - abstracts
- Parliament and Council Regulation on Migration Statistics
- Health and the Roma Community, Analysis of the Situation in Europe. Gitamo Fundation
- Research Framework 7: Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities Proposal summary sheets. List of proposals retained for possible financing
- TAMPEP 8: Network of community-based service providers, public health and social services cooperating in 26 European countries
- World Health Assembly Recommendation: Health of Migrants