News & Events
ECDC and EMCDDA joint guidance reports are now available in 10 languages
20 March 2013
The reports convey information about the Prevention and Control of infectious diseases among people who inject drugs.
These joint guidance reports explore good public health practices that can support effective policies to reduce infections from blood-borne viruses like HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
The guidance covers the following:
- Core values of prevention of infections among people who inject drugs
- Recommended interventions for the prevention of infections among people who inject drugs
- Knowing and understanding the national situation
- Monitoring problem drug use and responses and surveillance of infections
- Monitoring and evaluation of programmes
- Setting targets for intervention coverage
The English full and brief versions in 10 languages, can be found here.