News & Events
Health Status of Migrants within Europe : a series of new publications
27 June 2012
The Migrant Health Observatory project – MEHO - brought together relevant academic experts working on migrant health in Europe. MEHO aimed to develop indicators to monitor the health status of ethnic/migrant groups by using existing health related databases and surveys.
By comparing data from various ethnic groups living in different countries a more comprehensive overview of the health status of ethnic/migrant groups could be obtained.
The main contribution of this project to Public health in Europe is the production of several scientific publications:
- Migrants’ utilization of somatic healthcare services in Europe—a systematic review
- Registry data for cross-country comparisons of migrants' healthcare utilization in the EU: a survey study of availability and content
- Mortality from circulatory diseases by specific country of birth across six European countries: test of concept
- Chronic diseases in Europe's migrant and ethnic minorities: challenges, solutions and a vision
- Changing epidemiology of Hepatitis B and migration—a comparison of six Northern and North-Western European countries
For more information on the MEHO project, please click here.