Managing Grant Agreements & Contracts
The Consumers, Health and Food Executive Agency works with several hundred partners, and co-funds their actions that usually take the form of projects.
Project management is a one type of management approach that is especially useful when organisations are faced with new problems and need to develop novel ways to solve them.
The Chafea has developed some distinctive procedures that need to be applied by project partners who receive Community funding.
In this section, which the Agency plans to develop, you'll be able to find applicable legislation, financial rules, reporting tools, templates, and useful contacts within the Chafea to help you manage your projects or other actions, and comply with Chafea requirements.
Fact sheets for the preparation and management of projects
These fact sheets have been prepared by Chafea to inform and guide present and future project coordinators in their work. They cover several key issues from planning a project to its implementation and evaluation as well as the dissemination of the results.
- Fact sheet 1: The importance of project planning
- Fact sheet 2: Key elements of a project plan
- Fact sheet 3: Planning of Content Work Packages
- Fact sheet 4: Planning of project coordination
- Fact sheet 5: Elaborating an evaluation plan
- Fact sheet 6: Elaborating a dissemination plan
- Fact sheet 7: Project Resources
- Fact sheet 8: Implementing a project
- Fact sheet 9: Performing a project evaluation
- Fact sheet 10: Disseminating project results
Guides for applicants from the 2013 Call
These documents are the guides for applicants for project, conference, operating grant and joint action submission under the Calls for proposals 2013. These calls have been closed. However, these documents can be used and consulted for reference and information purposes.
- Guide for applicants - project
- Guide for applicants - conference
- Guide for applicants - operating grants
- Guide for applicants - joint action
Managing grants for action (projects)
If you are a coordinator of a project funded by the Chafea, and you are preparing a request for payment (interim or final payment), you will find in these documents some guidance, which will facilitate the report preparation and speed up the processing of your request for payment:
- Guidelines for Request of Further Pre-financing Payment - Grant for an Action
- Guidelines for Request of Balance Payment - Grant for an Action
- Financial Workshop 27-09-2012 - Preparation of the final financial report
- Final Report for Joint Actions & Projects
- Financial Workshop 27-09-2012 - Preparation of the final technical report
- Supporting documents for the final report:
- Individual certificate of costs template
- Request of balance payment
- Checklist final payment
- Guidelines for Request of Balance Payment - Grants for an Action
- Grants since 2006 - Balance Payment Financial Report Template
If a pre-financing financial guarantee is foreseen in the grant agreement you have signed with the Agency, you are requested to submit such a guarantee to the Agency before the pre-financing can be raised. The pre-financing payment shall be made after receipt and approval of the financial guarantee by the Agency. In this document you will find the Chafea template to be used:
In order to comply with the requirements regarding ex-post controls of costs incurred in the framework of the project, coordinator should make sure that all of the costs are strictly recorded in the accounting records of all the beneficiaries. For staff time, they should be recorded in the following time sheet: