About the programme
The Executive Agency for Health and Consumers (EAHC) is entrusted by the European Commission to implement the Health Programme. This is mainly done through financing four types of different actions: projects, conferences, joint actions and operation grants. Those actions intend to have a special European dimension, meaning that a minimum of various partners of different European Countries have to be involved in the project plan. For more specific information please see the respective Programme actions.
For receiving a European grant projects generally have to contribute at least to one of the 3 main objectives of the Health Programme (2008-2013):
- to improve citizens’ health security;
- to promote health, including the reduction of health inequalities;
- to generate and disseminate health information and knowledge.
Furthermore the applicant must have to be legally established in:
- one of the 27 EU member states
- an EFTA country party to European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
Organisations from other countries can only participate as subcontractors or collaborating partners.
Please notice: Financial support is not available for individuals. Only legally established organisations are able to apply (such as non-governmental organisations, public sector bodies, public administrations, universities, higher education establishments etc.). More specific information is enclosed in the different Programme actions.
There are 4 additional principles which you have to focus if you want to apply:
- Co-financing rule: you need to have your own financial resources (or financial resources of third parties). The EAHC will normally subsidize between 50–60 percent of the eligible costs. (*for further specific information please see the respective actions)
- Non-profit rule: the grant may not have the purpose or effect of producing a profit (* for conference fees are considered as income)
- Non-retroactivity rule: you can get co-funding only for the costs incurred after the starting date
- Non-cumulate rule: each action may give rise to the award of only one grant to any one beneficiary
Funding and Public Procurement
To ensure the participation in the Programme of the organisations that promote health agenda in line with the EU policy objectives, the Programme offers a wide variety of financing mechanisms:
Each year after the Calls for proposals are closed, EAHC performs a satisfaction survey among the applicants. A report, comparing the results of the satisfactions surveys from 2008, 2009 and 2010, is published and can be read here.
2009 Evaluation report
In addition, EAHC performs an evaluation of the review process, after the annual calls for proposals. Here you can find the report prepared after the calls for proposals for projects, joint actions, operating grants and conferences in 2009.
- Public procurement:
Call for expressions of interest (CEI) for experts for the Health Programme
Funding Health in Europe
For other funding opportunities with European Union Programmes please click here.
Traffic on this webpage is monitored by Google Analytics.