Funding Health in Europe
Even not far from specific health issues are funding opportunities in the sector of violence. Daphne III is the European Programme for preventing and combating violence (corporal, mental, sexual) against children, young people and women and to protect victims and groups at risk. The budget for the current funding period is 116, 86 Million €. Further information about the general context, latest developments and recent calls for proposals are available under the following link.
The main objectives of the programme are:
- assisting and encouraging NGOs and other organizations active in this field;
- developing and implementing targeted awareness-raising actions;
- actions contributing to positive treatment of people at risk;
- expansion of the knowledge base and exchange, identification and dissemination of information and good practice;
- studying phenomena related to violence and its impact;
- developing and implementing support programmes for victims and people at risk and intervention programmes for perpetrators.
Further important documents as well as information about the general anti-drug policy of the EU you can find under here.