Call 2013: Tenders
Call for tender n° EAHC/2013/BTSF/09: Organisation and implementation of training activities on New and emerging plant health risks under the "Better Training for Safer Food" initiative
The present call for tender covers the organisation and implementation of training activities on New and emerging plant health risks.
The contractor will organise and implement 8 four-day training courses covering relevant aspects applicable to new and emerging risks in plant health.
The training is addressed both to officials from Competent Authorities involved in planning and coordinating relevant control activities as well as field inspectors involved in relevant control activities, including planning and resources, technical and laboratory support, surveillance, the response to the identification of possible new and emerging risks for plant health and the control of outbreaks, including tracing back/forward and review of control measures (including an update of the status of the organism).
The courses will be held in three or more distinct locations, to be chosen by the Contractor, geographically equally distributed among the different EU Member States. It is suggested that the priority is given to locations in Member States with outbreaks of new or emerging risks, or with technical expertise. As the matters covered will need practical demonstration, the location should be close to holdings/structures that can grant the availability of such practical training.
The aim of the activity is to improve the knowledge of this complex area of work, provide for a common and unambiguous understanding of the current state of play concerning such activities, develop skills and disseminate best practices for identifying and responding to new and emerging risks to plant health, including relevant legislation and international standards, the role of competent authorities, EU Institutions (Commission, SCPH, EFSA), European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organisation (EPPO) and the International Plant Protection Convention. The training is intended to help ensure a consistent and enhanced approach and response to identifying and responding to key risks to plant health across the EU.
The topics addressed in the course will include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Relevant concepts - new and emerging risks to plant health, including examples from forestry, agriculture and horticultural sectors;
- Relevant International Standards;
- Relevant EU legislation, including relevant proposed amendments to EU Plant Health Regime;
- Data sources, including EUROPHYT, EPPO Alert List, TRACES, outbreak notifications;
- Monitoring checks and specific surveillance programmes for identifying new and emerging plant health risks. Strategies for surveillance;
- EU response to new and emerging risks - role of National Plant Protection Organisations (NPPO), European Commission, Standing Committee, EPPO and EFSA;
- NPPO response to new and emerging risks; including initiation and risk assessment, notification, control measures (eradication and containment), review of control systems (especially on internal movements and at import);
- Presentations on new and emerging harmful organisms, including descriptions and methods for their detection.
In order to achieve the best results from the training courses, the expected global number is 215 participants for the whole training programme.
For more information, please contact EAHC-BTSF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu under the following reference: EAHC/2013/BTSF/09.
The deadline to submit tenders for this procedure is the 27 September 2013.
- Invitation to tender
- Contract notice
- Tender specifications
- PDF tender form (Adobe Reader 9.5 or higher is required)
Note: this PDF form contains the following annexes:
- Annex Ia - Tender submission form
- Annex Ib - Letter of mandate
- Annex IIa - Legal entity form for public entities
- Annex IIb - Legal entity form for private entities
- Annex IIc - Legal entity form for individuals
- Annex III - Financial identification form
- Annex IV - Declaration of honour
- Annex VII - Economic and financial capacity overview
- Annex V - Financial Offer Form
- Annex VI - Draft contract and annexes
- Annex VIII - Checklist
- Annex IX - Statement of availability and exclusivity
To consult the privacy statement on procurement procedures, please click here.