Call 2013: Tenders
Call for tender n° EAHC/2013/BTSF/08: Organisation and implementation of training activities on Prevention, control and eradication of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies under the "Better Training for Safer Food" initiative
The present call for tender covers the organisation and implementation of training activities on Prevention, control and eradication of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies.
The contractor will organise and implement 8 three-day training courses covering relevant aspects applicable to controls to be carried out to verify compliance with regard to TSE legislation. The training is addressed primarily to officials from Competent Authorities involved in planning and designing of control activities (preferably at headquarters’ level) and field inspectors involved in regular control activities on the prevention, control and eradication of TSEs. Laboratory staff (preferably from national reference laboratories) involved in official analysis related to TSE (feed ban and/or TSE testing) may also attend with a goal of achieving a better understanding of the TSE regulatory landscape.
The courses will be held in three or more distinct locations, to be chosen by the Contractor, geographically equally distributed among the different EU Member States.
The training should focus on the different regulatory risk reducing measures applicable to TSEs and in particular the implementation and proper control of those measures. Experiences and difficulties encountered at field level must be included in the programme.
The objective of the training is to further harmonise the approaches and practices of the Member States in order to increase the efficacy of the competent authority to verify compliance with the legal requirements in this field.
The topics addressed in the workshop will include but are not necessarily limited to:
- EU provisions on the prevention, control and eradication of TSEs including specified risk material removal, prohibition of use of ruminant bones for the production of mechanically separated meat, feed ban, monitoring and surveillance, eradication measures, breeding programmes for the diffusion of the genetic resistance to classical scrapie in the sheep population, placing on the market, imports and exports;
- practical application of the EU provisions related to the control of the feed ban (risk - based sampling) with the involvement of the competent veterinary authorities of the Member States. An introduction to the testing techniques and protocols shall be provided by the EU Reference Laboratory for the detection of animal proteins in feed or the competent national reference laboratory;
- practical application of the EU provisions related to the control of removal of Specified Risk Material;
- practical application of the EU provisions related to the monitoring and surveillance programmes (sampling) with the involvement of the competent veterinary authorities of the Member States. An introduction to the testing techniques and protocols shall be provided by the EU Reference Laboratory for TSEs or the competent national reference laboratory.
In order to achieve the best results from the training courses, the expected global number is 245 participants for the whole training programme.
For more information, please contact EAHC-BTSF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu under the following reference: EAHC/2013/BTSF/08.
The deadline to submit tenders for this procedure is the 27 September 2013.
- Invitation to tender
- Contract notice
- Tender specifications
- PDF tender form (Adobe Reader 9.5 or higher is required)
Note: this PDF form contains the following annexes:
- Annex Ia - Tender submission form
- Annex Ib - Letter of mandate
- Annex IIa - Legal entity form for public entities
- Annex IIb - Legal entity form for private entities
- Annex IIc - Legal entity form for individuals
- Annex III - Financial identification form
- Annex IV - Declaration of honour
- Annex VII - Economic and financial capacity overview
- Annex V - Financial Offer Form
- Annex VI - Draft contract and annexes
- Annex VIII - Checklist
- Annex IX - Statement of availability and exclusivity
To consult the privacy statement on procurement procedures, please click here.