Call 2013: Tenders
Call for tender n° EAHC/2013/BTSF/04: Organisation and implementation of training activities on food additives, flavourings and enzymes under the "Better Training for Safer Food" initiative
The present call for tender covers the organisation and implementation of training activities on food additives, flavourings and enzymes.
The contractor will organise and implement 12 four-day training courses covering relevant aspects of food additives, flavourings and enzymes and their marketing and control.
These courses will be held in three or more distinct locations, to be chosen by the Contractor, geographically equally distributed among the different EU Member States.
The training is mainly addressed to the following target staff categories:
- Competent authority staff responsible for the risk management of food additives, flavourings and enzymes including setting up control plans;
- Inspectors responsible for food additives, flavourings and enzymes producers and users (food processors) of food additives in both products animal and non-animal origin.
The topics addressed in the workshops will include but are not necessarily limited to:
- EU provisions on food additives and in particular:
- EU list of additives authorised in food;
- Update of specifications of food additives;
- Re-evaluation programme of food additives;
- Understanding EU list, interpretation of categories and use of additional guidance;
- Understanding of quantum satis and carry over principles through practical examples;
- Monitoring of the consumption and use of food additives by the Member States;
- Ingoing residual amounts in relation to nitrites and nitrates;
- EU provisions on flavourings in food and in particular:
- EU list of flavourings authorised in food;
- Specific rules on smoke flavourings;
- Labelling of flavourings;
- Monitoring of the consumption and use of flavourings by the Member States;
- EU provisions on enzymes and in particular:
- Practical examples of checking the labelling requirements for both food enzymes not intended for sale to the final consumer and intended for the final consumer;
- Common aspects applicable to food additives, flavourings and enzymes:
- Setting up of a national control plan including prioritisation of the controls;
- Information for inspectors;
- Quality requirements for official control laboratories, including interpretation of results, uncertainties, etc.;
- Information from RASFF notifications;
- Practical examples of critical control points at production, users' and import levels;
- Practical examples of checking the labelling requirements for both food improvement agents not intended for sale to the final consumer and intended for the final consumer;
- Practical examples on the way to check specifications provided by the supplier (e.g. against purity criteria);
- National Control plans, including conclusions from FVO missions on food additives;
- Common authorisation procedure for food additives, flavourings and enzymes, and implementing measures:
- Data requirement for risk assessment and risk management;
- Practical guidance
- Principles of risk assessment, including tiered approach for estimation of exposure, use of EFSA opinion by risk management.
In order to achieve the best results from the training courses, the expected global number is 415 participants for the whole training programme.
For more information, please contact EAHC-BTSF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu under the following reference: EAHC/2013/BTSF/04.
The deadline to submit tenders for this procedure is the 27 September 2013.
- Invitation to tender
- Contract notice
- Tender specifications
- PDF tender form (Adobe Reader 9.5 or higher is required)
Note: this PDF form contains the following annexes:
- Annex Ia - Tender submission form
- Annex Ib - Letter of mandate
- Annex IIa - Legal entity form for public entities
- Annex IIb - Legal entity form for private entities
- Annex IIc - Legal entity form for individuals
- Annex III - Financial identification form
- Annex IV - Declaration of honour
- Annex VII - Economic and financial capacity overview
- Annex V - Financial Offer Form
- Annex VI - Draft contract and annexes
- Annex VIII - Checklist
- Annex IX - Statement of availability and exclusivity
To consult the privacy statement on procurement procedures, please click here.