Call 2013: Tenders
Call for tender n° EAHC/2013/BTSF/02: Organisation and implementation of training activities on Animal health and disease prevention for bees and zoo animals under the "Better Training for Safer Food" initiative
The present call for tender covers the organisation and implementation of training activities on Animal health and disease prevention for bees and zoo animals.
The tender covers the organisation of 6 three-day training courses on animal health prevention and control measures focussing on the following fields:
- training for animal health control staff on bee diseases;
- training for animal health control staff on diseases affecting animals destined for EU zoos and approval procedures.
The contractor will organise and implement:
- Course 1: 3 three-day training sessions dedicated to field a)
- Course 2: 3 three-day training sessions dedicated to field b)
The training courses will be held in three or more distinct locations, to be chosen by the Contractor, geographically equally distributed among the different EU Member States. As the matters covered will need practical demonstration, the location should be close to holdings/structures that can grant the availability of such practical training.
The topics addressed in Course 1 will include but are not necessarily limited to:
Practical application of the EU provisions related to the control of bee diseases and pests, with special focus on the small hive beetle (Aetina tumida) and the Tropilaelaps mites. In particular, the following subjects must be presented:
- the EU legislation relevant to both honey bees and bumble bees;
- pathogen and disease description;
- monitoring planning and assurance of appropriate resources;
- rules of inspection and sampling of various hives;
- measures to be taken in case of outbreaks (various scenarios, study cases);
- traceability and follow-up checks;
- notifications at internal and EU level, information and experience exchange;
- planning and conducting controls on imports and intra-Union trade of bees and bumble bees.
The topics addressed in Course 2 will include but are not necessarily limited to:
Practical application of the EU provisions related to the control of animal diseases affecting zoo animals. In particular, the following subjects must be presented:
- the EU legislation relevant to zoo animals;
- Procedure for the approval of bodies, institutes and centres in accordance with Annex C to Directive 92/65/EEC;
- Disease surveillance and prevention: testing for diseases in exotic animals, vaccination of regulated diseases;
- Official supervision of the annual diseases surveillance plan in zoos (diseases regulated in Annex A and B of Directive 92/64/EEC);
- Identification, movement registration and disease surveillance for zoo animals of the domestic bovine, ovine, caprine and equine species;
- measures to be taken following importation of new animals from third countries (controls at destination);
- Traceability and measures to be taken for the movement of animals between approved bodies, institutes and centres in the EU and movements from non-approved to approved bodies;
- quarantine procedures upon introduction of animals into approved zoos;
- notifications at internal and EU level, information and experience exchange.
The attendance should be 120 participants for Course and 120 participants for Course 2 which means a global number of 240 participants for the whole training programme.
For more information, please contact EAHC-BTSF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu under the following reference: EAHC/2013/BTSF/02.
The deadline to submit tenders for this procedure is the 27 September 2013.
- Invitation to tender
- Contract notice
- Tender specifications
- PDF tender form (Adobe Reader 9.5 or higher is required)
Note: this PDF form contains the following annexes:
- Annex Ia - Tender submission form
- Annex Ib - Letter of mandate
- Annex IIa - Legal entity form for public entities
- Annex IIb - Legal entity form for private entities
- Annex IIc - Legal entity form for individuals
- Annex III - Financial identification form
- Annex IV - Declaration of honour
- Annex VII - Economic and financial capacity overview
- Annex V - Financial Offer Form
- Annex VI - Draft contract and annexes
- Annex VIII - Checklist
- Annex IX - Statement of availability and exclusivity
To consult the privacy statement on procurement procedures, please click here.