Call 2011 : Tenders
Call for tender EAHC/2011/BTSF/01: Organisation and implementation of training activities on veterinary legislation related to food contact materials, additives and veterinary medicinal products to be held mainly for EU Member States under the ‘Better Training for Safer Food’ initiative
This call is divided into the following lots:
- Lot n°1: Organisation of technical training sessions on legislation, evaluation and registration of food additives and control of their proper use and marketing,
- Lot n°2: Organisation of technical training sessions on the control of residues of veterinary medicinal products in food of animal origin,
- Lot n°3: Organisation of technical training sessions on food contact materials.
The call for tender under Lot n°1 covers the organisation and implementation of training activities on the legislation, the evaluation and the registration of food additives and the control of their proper use and marketing.
The topics addressed during the workshops will include but are not limited to EU provisions on food additives and in particular:
- New EU list of additives authorised in food;
- New EU list of additives and carriers authorised in additives, flavouring enzymes and nutrients (future Annex III);
- Update of specifications of food additives;
- Re-evaluation programme of food additives;
- Common authorisation procedure for food additives and implementing measures.
The call for tender under Lot n°2 covers the organisation and implementation of training activities on the controls on residues of veterinary medicinal products in food of animal origin.
The training courses will cover the following fields:
- EU legislation framework for establishment of regulatory limits (such as MRLs and RPAs, Regulation 470/2009) in foodstuffs of animal origin, authorisation and use of VMPs, controls on distribution and use of VMPs;
- EU provisions directly or indirectly related to monitoring on residues of VMPs in food of animal origin, such as the prohibition of distribution and use of certain (hormonal) substances (Directive 96/22/EC), the production and use of medicated feedingstuffs and the prohibition of use of antibiotics for growth promotion (Regulation 1831/2003), maximum levels of unavoidable carry-over of coccidiostats or histomonostats in non-target feed.
The call for tender under Lot n°3 covers the organisation and implementation of training activities on the control of food contact materials (FCM), their use and marketing.
Two different types of courses will be organised:
- Course 1 dedicated to inspectors of food and FCM premises,
- Course 2 dedicated to staff of competent authorities responsible for setting up control plans.
The topics addressed in the workshops will include but are not necessarily limited to:
- EU provisions on FCM, with special focus on the legal provisions adopted in the last few years,
- Information on the new testing rules on plastic materials and articles (Regulation (EU) N°10/2011),
- Enforcement of GMP Regulation,
- Setting up of national control plans on FCM,
- Preparation by competent authorities of checklists for inspectors,
- Information for inspectors on the different materials used in FCM and articles,
- Practical training on how to inspect declaration of compliances and supporting documentation to the declaration of compliance;
- Practical training on inspections of FCM premises including sampling of FCM.
For more information, please contact EAHC-BTSF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu under the following reference: EAHC/2011/BTSF/01
The deadline to submit tenders for this procedure is the 16th of September 2011.
- Invitation to tender
- Contract notice
- Tender specifications
- Annex Ia - Tender submission form
- Annex Ib - Letter of mandate
- Annex IIa - Legal entity form for public entities
- Annex IIb - Legal entity form for private entities
- Annex IIc - Legal entity form for individuals
- Annex III - Financial identification form
- Annex IV - Declaration of honour
- Annex V - Financial Offer Form
- Annex VI - Draft contract and annexes
- Annex VII - Economic and financial capacity overview (updated on 17.08.2011)
- Annex VIII - Checklist
- Annex IX - Statement of availability and exclusivity
- Questions and Answers (updated on 17.08.2011)