Consumer Programme Tenders
Call for tender n° EAHC 2013-CP-06 for the provision of a "Study on Alcohol-powered flueless fireplace combustion and its effects on indoor air quality"
Chafea is planning to award a contract for the provision of the services described in the tender documents provided below; potential candidates who are interested to participate in the procedure are requested to send their offer addressing the requirements and formalities described in the invitation to tender. The deadline for submission of offers is 27 September 2013.
The European Commission intends to set, in collaboration with Member States' authorities, safety requirements for alcohol-powered flueless fireplaces which will serve as a basis for a standardisation mandate to European Standardisation bodies (ESOs). In this context, the Commission wishes to enhance the relevant knowledge base.
The purpose of the study is to conduct laboratory experiments in order to determine the emissions into indoor air in the domestic environment while burning different models of the alcohol-powered flueless fireplaces. The laboratory experiments shall comprise three models of alcohol-powered flueless fireplaces of different heat outputs burning twelve varieties of ethanol fuel (half in liquid and the other half in gel form) under conditions of proper and of poor ventilation. Varieties of ethanol fuel with several additives should be given a priority.
The results of the experiments will be subject to an elaboration of a validated calculation model for emissions of combustion products and will be interpret against existing exposure limit values identified in scientific literature and technical regulations in Member States.
For more information please contact: EAHC-CP-CALLS@ec.europa.eu with the reference of EAHC/2013/CP/06.
The deadline to submit tenders for this procedure is 27 September 2013.
- Contract notice
- Invitation to tenderers
- Tender specifications
- PDF tender submission form (Adobe Reader 9.5 or higher is required)
Note: this PDF form contains the following annexes:
- Annex Ia: Tender submission form
- Annex Ib: Letter of mandate
- Annex IIa: Legal entity form for public entities
- Annex IIb: Legal entity form for private entities
- Annex IIb: Legal entity form for natural persons
- Annex III: Financial identification form
- Annex IV: Declaration of honour
- Annex VII: Economic and financial capacity overview form
- Annex V - Financial offer form
- Annex VI - Draft contract and annexes
- Annex VIII - Checklist
- Annex IX: Checklist on the technical and professional capacity under the selection criteria - Profiles of the project management team members
To consult the privacy statement on procurement procedures, please click here.