Consumer Programme: Previous Calls
Digital content services for consumers: Assessment of problems experienced by consumers (lot 1) and comparative analysis of the applicable legal frameworks (lot 2).
Call for tender
The Consumer Programme 2007-2013 foresees actions under Objective 1 related to ensuring a high level of consumer protection through improved evidence basis. This procurement procedure concerns the launch of a study on consumer protection in digital services as foreseen in the 2009 Work programme.
The Commission launched the Review of the Consumer Acquis in 2004 to simplify and complete the existing regulatory framework. During the preparation of the Proposal, the Commission considered extending the scope of the existing consumer protection rules (in particular Directive 1999/44/EC on consumer goods and associated guarantees) to cover agreements under which consumers get access to digital content.
Given the complexity of the issue, the Commission decided there was a need for a study to determine the scope of the problem and the possible consumer detriment caused by digital content not being sufficiently covered by the existing consumer protection legislation.
This study should give a comprehensive overview of consumer experiences and problems with digital services and the related consumer legislation in a number of member states of the EU and the U.S. and serve as a basis for a possible, future legislative or non-legislative action(s) to be undertaken by the Commission in the field of consumer protection.
The Executive Agency in accordance with its responsibilities for the implementation of the Consumer Programme will manage the award and implementation of the contract(s).
For more information please contact: EAHC-CP-CALLS@ec.europa.eu mentioning the call reference EAHC/2009/CP/02 in subject
The deadline to submit tenders for this procedure is 11th September 2009
- Contract Notice
- Invitation to tenderers
- Annex I: Tender submission form
- Annex II: Financial identification form
- Annex IIIa: Legal Entity Form Private Companies
- Annex IIIb: Legal Entity Form Public entities
- Annex IIIc: Form for natural persons only
- Annex IV: Certification with respect to the exclusion criteria
- Annex V: Budget Table
- Annex VIa: Draft Contract and annexes – lot 1
- Annex VIb: Draft Contract and annexes – lot 2
- Annex VII: Economic and Financial capacity overview form
- Annex VIII: Checklist
- Annex IX: Model Table of completed past studies/ assignments
- Annex X: Model Table of staff members
- Annex XI: Model Statement of availability
- Annex XII: Model Table for national correspondents (lot 2 only)
- Annex XIII: Model Table for organisation & composition of proposed team
- Questions and Answers
- Contract Award Notice
NB: The official and original documents on which your offer is to be based are those provided in English. Translations of the specifications, draft contract and other tender documents into Bulgarian, French and German are made available for information. In case of doubt, only the English version is authentic.