The Consumers, Health and Food Executive Agency - Chafea - has started its activities on 1 January 2014.
Chafea is the successor of the Executive Agency for Health and Consumers - EAHC - which was created by the European Commission in 2006 to manage the technical and financial implementation of the Public Health Programme and from 2008 the Consumers Programme and the Better Training for Safer Food initiative.
News and Events
13 March 2014
Brussels, 11 April 2014 between 10.00 and 13.00
11 March 2014
The conference organized by the FLURESP project "Cost-Effectiveness Assessment of European Influenza Human Pandemic Alert and Response Strategies" will take place on the 28 March 2014 in Luxembourg... Read more
03 March 2014
On the 20 March 2014 the European Child Safety Alliance will launch a report on National Action to Address Child Intentional Injury.
26 February 2014
21 January 2014
The 2011 Call for expressions of interest for experts in the area of public health has expired in December 2013.
RARHA, funded by the European Union under the second EU Health Programme, is a 3 years action aiming at supporting Member States to take forward work on common priorities in line with the EU Alcohol Strategy and strengthen Member States’ capacity to address and reduce the harm associated with alcohol... Read more
- 07/03/2011 Health: Aphekom findings add new dimension to health impacts and costs of air pollution in European cities
- 25/08/2010 Conference: Pandemic Influenza Preparedness in Europe - Are National Public Health Laws Fit for Purpose?
- 27/07/2010 Health: Hospital Pharma Report - a valuable basis for decision-making
- 2/07/2010 Health: Volcanic Ash Cloud Public Health Impact Assessment
- 25/01/2010 Addiction Prevention: Sharing good practices and results
- 01/12/2009 EU funded health projects help fight HIV/AIDS