Human-Scale: accessing, sharing, and using data for the common good
Opening up scientific and public data and developing its use for society.
Theme: H2020: ICT for Excellent science
Hall 1.1, 08/11/2013 (11.00-12.30)
The session will
- raise awareness on the EU's policy regarding Open Access, Open Data and Digital Science, particularly looking to implementation in Horizon2020;
- explore the human scale dimension: what are the issues raised by an increased access to information, in the scientific process and in the public and society; and how can we deal with an (over)abundance of information?
Four presentations will highlight the topical issues in a set of related areas, setting the scene for a panel discussion:
Open Access to publications and data
Skills development through open scientific collaboration
Accessing, sharing and (re)using Open Data
The Social Science and Humanities (SSH) dimension of the digital world
Links and Documents
Chair: Nicole DEWANDRE (European Commission, DG CONNECT, Belgium)
- Jacqueline MCGLADE (University College London, United Kingdom)
- Muki HAKLAY (UCL, Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, United Kingdom)
- Judith SIMON (University of Vienna & Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Austria)
- Heather JOSEPH (SPARC, United States)
Session organiser: John MAGAN (European Commission, DG CONNECT, Belgium)
You must log in to add a comment.