How to secure digital preservation resources, solutions, services, infrastructures in the information society? Future of Digital Preservation (DP) Research & Impact Networking Session
T 010, 28/09/2010 (09:00-10:30)
The prosperity of future generations is linked to ensuring that today’s digital assets will be accessible tomorrow.
The SHAMAN collaborative project is developing and testing a next-generation, long-term digital preservation (DP) framework. The aim is to support the analysis, management, preservation, access to and reuse of information objects across distributed repositories. This session will tackle the challenge of preserving information assets in areas such as cultural heritage, economy, industry and research in the future information society, as it is understood today. It will gather European players aiming at ensuring future accessibility and usability of knowledge, information, and data, and bring together European stakeholders involved in DP development and research who aim to increase European competitiveness in this emerging market.
Web site: http://www.shaman-ip.eu
Coordinator: Holger BROCKS (FernUniversität in Hagen, Chair of Multimedia and Internet Applications, Germany)
Links and Documents
- Future of Digital Preservation (DP) Research & Impact Networking Session Agenda (57 KB)
- Presentation 1 - SHAMAN Welcome (194 KB)
- Presentation 2- SHAMAN -Connecting with the future (189 KB)
- Presentation 3 - SHAMAN - How to secureDP (2 MB)
- Presentation 4 -SHAMAN - DP in the Network Enterprise (212 KB)
- Presentation 5 - PROTAGE - Agents & Social Networks Env in DP (424 KB)
You must log in to add a comment.