Enterprise Software Applications in the Internet of the Future: Technology Push, Market Pull, or Co-Creation?
T 011, 28/09/2010 (16:00-17:30)
To what extent will the advent of the future internet and new enterprise models affect the next generation of enterprise software applications?
This session is based on six topics concerned with the future internet concept: architecture, cloud computing, service web, social networking, internet of things and semantic technologies. Issues to be discussed include the relationship between enterprise software applications (ESAs) and federated open trusted platforms, and whether cloud computing is the next mandatory architectural model for ESAs. The session will also examine whether the success of social networks is simply confined to leisure and entertainment, and if the internet of things is an opportunity to have more fine-grained and real-time field data capture for ESAs. Experts, from academia, industry and ICT will present their views in a moderated discussion.
Web site: http://www-coin-ip.eu
Coordinator: Claudia GUGLIELMINA (TXT e-solutions, Italy)
Links and Documents
- Commission on the Measurement of Economic Performance and Social Progress” (CMEPSP) - Stiglitz report
- FInES Cluster document on Business Models (266 KB)
- FInES cluster Position Paper (221 KB)
- The ESA and the Internet of the Future session proposal extended draft (143 KB)
- Unleashing the Potential of the European Knowledge Economy - Value Proposition for Enterprise Interoperability (1 MB)
You must log in to add a comment.