Heterogeneous and massively parallel computing systems
T 013, 28/09/2010 (11:00-12:30)
The next generation of computing systems presents major challenges in terms of programmability, performance scalability, power consumption, reliability and time to market.
The high performance and embedded architecture and compilation (HiPEAC) network of excellence and the PlanetHPC coordination and support action have developed a vision on the research challenges for computing systems for the next decade. During this networking session, several of these challenges will be discussed. These include programmability, scalable and portable performance, virtualisation and resource allocation, customisation and heterogeneous multi-core systems, and the impact of technology on architecture. The meeting seeks to provide networking opportunities for researchers interested in exploiting collaborative opportunities.
Web site: http://www.hipeac.net
Coordinator: Koen DE BOSSCHERE (Ghent University, ELIS, Belgium)
Links and Documents
- HiPEAC vision
- HiPEAC website
- Presentation Architecture and Technology, Olivier Temam (1 MB)
- Presentation Customization, Per Stenström (374 KB)
- Presentation Introduction - Koen De Bosschere (228 KB)
- Presentation PRACE - Thomas Eickermann (2 MB)
- Presentation Parallel and Concurrent computing – Mike O’Boyle (369 KB)
- Presentation Planet HPC, Mark Sawyer (1 MB)
- Presentation Virtualization, Christian Bertin (1 MB)
You must log in to add a comment.