Thinking across borders - (Re) discover ICT cooperation potential with East Europe & Central Asia and Western Balkan countries
1122, 28/09/2010 (9:00-10:30)
Recent developments have established new ICT R&D co-operation opportunities with Eastern Europe & Central Asia and Western Balkan countries.
This aim is to enhance co-operation between researchers from the EU and Eastern European & Central Asian (EECA) and Western Balkan (WB) countries. The floor will be given to researchers to present and promote their ideas, and bilateral meetings between researchers from EU and EECA/WB countries will be held to discuss future joint research activities. The session will also host the award ceremony of the Western Balkan countries’ ICT idea competition. Six winners will be rewarded for their excellent ICT research ideas and given the opportunity to present their proposals. The session is jointly organised by seven EU-funded actions: ISTOK-SOYUZ, SCUBE-ICT, EXTEND, WINS-ICT, ICT-WEB-PROMS, IncoNet CA/SC and IncoNet-EECA.
Web site: http://www.eeca-ict.eu
Coordinator: Iakovos DELIOGLANIS (Q-PLAN North Greece Ltd, Development Programmes, Greece)
Links and Documents
- Collaboration opportunities for EU ICT R&D organisations in Belarus / Ukraine (801 KB)
- EU-Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) Gateway on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) research and development
- EXTEND project - EU funded support action project focusing on Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine and Georgia
- ISTOK-SOYUZ intermediate report "Recommendations on Cooperation priorities in the field of ICT R&D between EU and the five target countries and cooperation potential in Central Asia countries
- ISTOK-SOYUZ project - EU funded support action focusing on Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia and Kazakhstan, and covering by the information campaign other central Asia countries (Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan)
- National ICT sector & Policy Appraisal Report in Belarus / Ukraine (801 KB)
- Online service for promoting ICT competences and finding information about potential partners - ICT experts and organizations of the EECA region and Europe
- Online service for supporting regional ICT stakeholders to participate in FP7
- Opportunities Report for Belarusian / Ukrainian ICT actors in EU (413 KB)
- SCUBE-ICT project - EU funded support action project focusing on boosting strategic ICT R&D partnerships between Ukraine, Belarus and the European Union
You must log in to add a comment.