The strategic document has been compiled and finalised as a result of six carefully coordinated subprojects:
– Situation analysis using international benchmarks and empirical data
– Market and technology development scenarios
– Estimation of the macroeconomic impacts of the broadband development policy
– international „best practice” in broadband development policy
– proposal for the objectives, measures and prerequisites of the strategy and for the monitoring system
– strategy updating, compilation of a communication plan and a draft Government resolution.
The primary focus area of the National Broadband Strategy is broadband access. However, in the situation analysis part, it also offers an insight into aspects like content, motivation, education and security and, as a horizontal priority, it also sheds light on considerations like equal opportunities (einclusion) and innovation. As for its nature, the Strategy is a “thematic specialised strategy” (a category used in the “Government Requirements for Strategy Compilation”). The Strategy covers the period between 2005–2013. Read more