Support services to foster the crowdfunding environment focused on web entrepreneurs in Europe (contractors Webclusive B.V. and the European Crowdfunding Network)
A call for tenders was sent soon to 5 candidates identified by the European Commission for a service contract of a maximum value of EUR 60.000. The purpose of this call for tenders is to foster the crowdfunding environment focused on web entrepreneurs in Europe.
The activities will aim at:
• Acquiring additional data and knowledge about the current status of the web related crowdfunding sector in Europe (number and geographical distribution of crowdfunding platforms related to web businesses, number of web startups using crowd funding and related financial figures, possible issues and barriers affecting the growth of the sector, at national and EU level).
• Drawing some conclusions, based on the above, on the possible measures which would further strengthen the crowd funding environment and facilitate the pan-European growth of the sector.
• Supporting higher visibility and accessibility of existing crowd funding opportunities for web entrepreneurs Europe wide.
• Contributing to strengthening the links and networking between existing European crowdfunding platforms.
• Raising the level of education of funders and web entrepreneurs as regards investment opportunities and access to finance through crowdfunding.