A highly interesting and interactive programme will bring together key stakeholders to discuss how Europe can achieve global leadership in ICT by 2020 through innovative Internet technologies.
In this context, industry and political stakeholders will discuss central socio-economic and technological topics of Future Internet infrastructures and services in Europe.
The event will present cutting-edge research results on the European Internet infrastructures and services of the future, which have been developed in the Future Internet Public-Private Partnership.
The event links the discussion of Future Internet PPP results with a wider perspective on the Future Internet in the context of the EU’s Digital Agenda by including partners like Digital Europe and the European Internet Foundation in the programme.
A line-up of high-level speakers will share their insights at the event, including:
• Neelie Kroes, Vice President of the European Commission for Digital Agenda
• Mario Campolargo, Director ‘Net Futures’, European Commission
• Malcolm Harbour, MEP, Chair of EP Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer
• John McSweeney, Head of Innovation at ESB Group (Irish energy provider) and member of the FI-PPP Executive Industry Board
• Luigi Gambardella, Chairman of ETNO
• Patrice Chazerand, Director Digital Europe