This explores new possibilities at the intersection of nanotechnology, (cell-)biology, chemistry and information science. This can be aimed at new tools and techniques for advancing research (e.g., in neuroscience or biology), at the conception of novel systems and materials (e.g., synthetic or hybrid ones) or at applications for new implants, drug delivery, generative medicine. We seek strong synergies between the different disciplines for jointly exploring such new technological possibilities.
What are we looking for?
• What should be the orientation of research on this topic? As stated, do you feel it is too broad or, on the contrary, too narrow?
• Have any recent scientific results been obtained relevant to this topic? Is there already a well-established community on this?
• Do you know of related initiatives, for instance at national level, or in other continents?
• What is needed at this point to advance this? More exploration of different ideas? More coordination among groups or related initiatives? A strong push for a precise technological target and, if so, which one? Anything else?
Background: Following the last FET consultation during 2012-13, 9 topics were identified as candidates for a FET Proactive. This topic has not been selected for inclusion in the FET Work Programme for 2014-15. Comments are invited on whether this topic is still relevant, or if any changes would be necessary to take account of recent research results. We are also trying to understand better how to advance these areas.
To participate to the consultation:
- register to the group (create an ECAS login if you don't have one yet);
- then "log in" and enter your contribution in the "Add new comment" box, at the vey bottom of the page.
You can also participate by commenting on submitted ideas and/or voting for them.
If you wish to share with us additional documents or have any questions about the process, please send them to our FET mailbox.