What is conference interpreting?
Conference interpreting deals exclusively with oral communication: rendering a message from one language into another, naturally and fluently, adopting the delivery, tone and convictions of the speaker and speaking in the first person. Read more
View allFeatured news
- Invitation to tender SCIC-2014-S4-2145693 - Management of the secretariat of ISO/TC 37/SC 5/WG 3 “Facilities and equipment for interpreting services”
- Procedure: Negotiated procedure for a low value contract. Subject matter of the contract: DG Interpretation (SCIC) has been appointed as convenor for the above mentioned Working Group 3 for a period o...
- Video-conferencing with interpretation launch of a proposal for common checklist and recommendation document
- Video-conferencing with interpretation launch of a proposal for common checklist and recommendation document On the 04th of July 2014, the Informal Working Group on video-conferencing with interpretat...
- Brussels Declaration on ITC tools in language services and life-long language learning
- On Wednesday 25 June, the #IAMLADP meeting approved a statement, endorsed by European Commissioner Vassiliou, urging national authorities to promote the teaching of languages throughout the educatio...