What is conference interpreting?
Conference interpreting deals exclusively with oral communication: rendering a message from one language into another, naturally and fluently, adopting the delivery, tone and convictions of the speaker and speaking in the first person. Read more
View allFeatured news
- Negotiated procedure no. 46/SCIC/2014/S6/4331625
- Search of a hotel or conference venue with suitable conference, catering and accommodation facilities on site or nearby, close to the EU headquarters in Brussels. The Directorate-General for Interpret...
- Open access to speeches by EU Interpreters
- Thousands of speeches now available to everyone online. Today, the European Commission interpreters – SCIC launch Speech Repository 2.0, an e-learning tool designed to help further improve the quali...
- Invitation to tender SCIC-2014-S4-2145693 - Management of the secretariat of ISO/TC 37/SC 5/WG 3 “Facilities and equipment for interpreting services”
- Procedure: Negotiated procedure for a low value contract. Subject matter of the contract: DG Interpretation (SCIC) has been appointed as convenor for the above mentioned Working Group 3 for a period o...