What is conference interpreting?
Conference interpreting deals exclusively with oral communication: rendering a message from one language into another, naturally and fluently, adopting the delivery, tone and convictions of the speaker and speaking in the first person. Read more
View allFeatured news
- Invitation to tender no. 82/SCIC/2016/S6/4180770
- The Directorate-General for Interpretation (SCIC), and in particular its Conference Organisation Unit (SCIC/S-6) is organising, together with the Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Conte...
- Invitation to tender no. 76/SCIC/2016/S6/3905016
- Corrigendum: Having realised that the issue of securing the dedicated internet lines seems to be difficult, the Commission will take care of this and therefore you should not quote for the provision o...
- Interpreting languages, culture, family bonds, history and politics
- Read the personal story of Ravel Kodrič, a free-lance interpreter working for the European Commission and other European Institutions. Born in Bulgaria, in the heart of the Balkans, in a family of ext...