16th Conference DG Interpretation - Universities
"Tradition & Innovation"
THU, 15/03/2012, 14:30 - 17:30
FRI, 16/03/2012, 09:30 - 13:00
Charlemagne Conference Centre
170, rue de la Loi, 1040 Brussels
Jean Durieux meeting room
- Programme [15 KB]
- Poster of the Conference [792 KB]
- Leopoldo Costa Prize [35 KB]
- Photos of the Conference
- Minutes of the Conference [89 KB]
- Link for non-windows users : http://webcast.ec.europa.eu
- Webstream Cuttings [334 KB]
- To send your questions or comments to the conference: SCICfirstname.lastname@example.org
Speeches - Speaking Notes - Presentations
1. Opening address by Commissioner Androulla VASSILIOU [84 KB] , Commissioner responsible for Education, Culture, Multilingualism and Youth.
2. Statement by Mr. Marco BENEDETTI [28 KB] , Director General, DG Interpretation.
3. Presentation on "The impact of technological advances on teaching conference interpreting [808 KB] " by Andrew GILLIES, ISIT Paris.
4. Presentation on "ORCIT project with Lituania [674 KB] " by Sophie LLEWELLYN SMITH from the University of Leeds and Dalia MANKAUSKIENE from the University of Vilnius.
6. Presentation on "Trends in interpreting [248 KB] " by Brian FOX, Director 'Provision of Interpretation'.
7. Speech on "Woe to the makers of literal translations, who by rendering every word weaken the meaning ! By so doing we can say that the letter kills and the spirit gives life." by Jane WELTON, Leopoldo Costa Prize Winner 2012 [193 KB] .
8. Presentation on "SCIC and Social Media - Status Report [883 KB] " by Ian ANDERSEN, External Communications Adviser.