Privacy Statement - Application form for a Visit to or Pedagogical Assistance from DG Interpretation
This application form is made available on this webpage in order to offer the possibility to universities and higher education institutes to apply for the above mentioned Study Visits or Pedagogical Assistance programme. While applying your personal data will be collected and further processed for the purposes detailed below.
This programme is run under the responsibility of Mr. Claude Durand, Head of Unit C.1 in DG Interpretation. As personal data are being collected and processed, Regulation (EC) 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community Institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, is applicable.
- Identification data: the information given by the applicant in the application form on this website http://europa.eu.int/comm/scic/interpreter/pa_form.pdf [24 KB] or http://europa.eu.int/comm/scic/interpreter/pa_form.doc [41 KB]
- Additional information of a personal nature: names and identity details of the people asking for a study visit;
- Purposes of the processing: to offer the possibility to universities and higher education institutes to obtain a guided visit to DG Interpretation (and possibly other EU Institutions) for their students in interpretation and / or obtain pedagogical assistance from DG Interpretation
- Legal basis: Article 149 of the Treaty of the E.C. (this programme of organising study visits / providing pedagogical assistance is carried out in the public interest as it provides information on training and spread of best practices in the field of conference interpreters and stimulates the international co-operation between international organisations)
- Technical information: the processing is done using the standard IT equipment and telecommunication infrastructure which have been certified to be compliant to offer the proper level of security for normal processing of data
- Who has access to your data and to whom is it disclosed? Only the staff of the Unit C.1 dealing with the programme has access to the data; these data are not transferred to other recipients except, where necessary (study visits to European Commission, European Parliament and other Institutions) for general security purposes, to the services responsible for providing access to the buildings of the institutions ;
- How do we protect and safeguard your information? The normal security measures applicable to the IT infrastructure in the Commission domain are being applied; The data can only be accessed by UserID/Password by authorised officials.
- How can you verify, modify or delete your information? When the people concerned want to verify, modify or delete their personal data which are kept in the database managed by DG Interpretation, Unit C.1, they can specify their request by sending an e-mail to the contact person (see below);
- How long do we keep your data? These data will be kept for as long as follow up action to the above mentioned study visits / pedagogical assistance is necessary in order to complete the purpose of the processing. All personal data will be deleted one year after the last action in relation to these purposes.
- Contact information: All requests for information should be made by e-mail to the Head of Unit C.1 of DG Interpretation via the mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Recourse: complaints, in case of conflict with the processing of personal data, can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor.