Privacy Statement - Application form for a Grant from DG Interpretation
This application form is made available on this webpage in order to offer the possibility to universities and higher education institutes to apply for a grant from DG Interpretation under the above mentioned Grants programme. While completing the application form (your) personal data will be collected and further processed for the purposes detailed below.
This programme is run under the responsibility of Mr. Claude Durand, Head of Unit C.1 in DG Interpretation. As personal data are being collected and processed, Regulation (EC) 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community Institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, is applicable.
- Identification data: the information given by the applicant in the Grant Application Form and the Financial Identification Form on this website ( http://europa.eu.int/comm/scic/interpreter/appform_2005_2006.doc [331 KB] and http://europa.eu.int/comm/scic/interpreter/f_ident.xls [3 MB] )
- Additional information of a personal nature: none;
- Purposes of the processing: to offer the possibility to universities and higher education institutes to apply for a grant from DG Interpretation, and to allow DG Interpretation to examine the applications;
- Legal basis: Article 149 of the Treaty of the E.C. (the objective of the Directorate General for Interpretation is to ensure the availability of sufficient suitably qualified conference interpreters to allow the smooth functioning of the European Institutions), the Financial Regulation applicable to the general budget of the European Communities and its Implementing rules at the European Commission.
- Technical information: the processing is done using the standard IT equipment and telecommunication infrastructure which have been certified to be compliant to offer the proper level of security for normal processing of data;
- Who has access to your data and to whom is it disclosed? Only the staff of the Unit C.1 in DG Interpretation (and the Directorate for Interpretation of the European Parliament in case of co-financing) dealing with the programme has access to the data; these data are not transferred to other recipients except, where necessary for control purposes, to the institutions and bodies responsible for inspection and audit in accordance with Community legislation;
- How do we protect and safeguard your information? The normal security measures applicable to the IT infrastructure in the Commission domain are being applied; The data can only be accessed by UserID/Password by authorised officials.
- How can you verify, modify or delete your information? When the people concerned want to verify, modify or delete their personal data which are kept in the database managed by DG Interpretation, Unit C.1, they can specify their request by sending an e-mail to the contact person (see below);
- How long do we keep your data? These data will be kept for as long as follow up action to the above mentioned programme is necessary in order to complete the purpose of the processing. All personal data will be deleted one year after the last action in relation to these purposes.
- Contact information: All requests for information should be made by e-mail to the Head of Unit C.1 of DG Interpretation via the mailbox: email@example.com ;
- Recourse: complaints, in case of conflict with the Controller on the processing of personal data, can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor.