Regulation establishing a multiannual plan for the management of Northern Adriatic Sea small pelagic fisheries
The consultation on a regulation establishing a multiannual plan for the management of Northern Adriatic Sea small pelagic fisheries ran from May to September 2015.
Results of consultation
Summary [286 KB]
Number of responses received to this consultation
View the contributions
In the interests of transparency, organisations have been invited to provide the public with relevant information about themselves by registering in the Transparency Register and subscribing to its Code of Conduct. If the organisation is not registered, the submission is published separately from the registered organisations.
Objective of the consultation
The current initiative is intended to contribute to delivering directly on the achievement of the Common Fisheries Policy, in particular the long term sustainability of the stocks and the implementation of an ecosystem-based approach to fisheries management, through the achievement of the following specific objectives:
- To achieve that fish stocks concerned can produce maximum sustainable yields (MSY) by 2015 where possible, or by 2020 at the latest.
- To ensure high and sustainable yields for the industry, while taking in to account mixed fisheries interactions and the landing obligation.
- To ensure that the relevant stocks are maintained within safe biological limits, and that stocks outside of biological limits are brought within those limits as rapidly as possible.
- To minimise unwanted catches in order to facilitate the implementation of landing obligations introduced in the reformed CFP.
- To establish the framework necessary for the implementation of regionalisation in the long-term management of the relevant stocks.
View the consultation document
- Consultation document [62 KB]
European Commission, Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Unit D2, Fisheries conservation and control Mediterranean and Black Sea
Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
Unit D2, Fisheries conservation and control Mediterranean and Black Sea
Specific privacy statement [18 KB]