Development of a regulation establishing a multi-annual plan for the management of North Sea demersal fisheries
On 9 February 2015 the European Commission launched a consultation on the development of a regulation establishing a multi-annual plan for the management of North Sea demersal fisheries
The consultation closed on 4 May 2015.
Results of consultation
Summary [185 KB]
Number of responses received to this consultation
View the contributions
In the interests of transparency, organisations have been invited to provide the public with relevant information about themselves by registering in the Transparency Register and subscribing to its Code of Conduct. If the organisation is not registered, the submission is published separately from the registered organisations.
Objective of the consultation
The current initiative is intended to contribute to delivering directly on the achievement of the Common Fisheries Policy, in particular the long term sustainability of the stocks and the implementation of an ecosystem-based approach to fisheries management, through the achievement of the following specific objectives:
- To achieve that fish stocks concerned can produce maximum sustainable yields (MSY) by 2015 where possible, or by 2020 at the latest.
- To ensure high and sustainable yields for the industry, while taking in to account mixed fisheries interactions and the landing obligation.
- To ensure that the relevant stocks are maintained within safe biological limits, and that stocks outside of biological limits are brought within those limits as rapidly as possible.
- To minimise unwanted catches in order to facilitate the implementation of landing obligations introduced in the reformed CFP.
- To establish the framework necessary for the implementation of regionalisation in the long-term management of the relevant stocks.
View the consultation document
- Consultation document [470 KB]
- Information on landing obligation
- Information on regionalisation
- Regulation (EU) No 1380/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 on the Common Fisheries Policy, amending Council Regulations (EC) No 1954/2003 and (EC) No 1224/2009 and repealing Council Regulations (EC) No 2371/2002 and (EC) No 639/2004 and Council Decision 2004/585/EC
- Task Force agreement on multiannual plans (Final report April 2014 )
- Council Regulation (EC) No 1342/2008 of 18 December 2008 establishing a long-term plan for cod stocks and the fisheries exploiting those stocks and repealing Regulation (EC) No 423/2004
- Council Regulation (EU) No 1243/2012 of 19 December 2012 amending Regulation (EC) No 1342/2008 establishing a long-term plan for cod stocks and the fisheries exploiting those stocks
- Council Regulation (EC) No 676/2007 of 11 June 2007 establishing a multi-annual plan for fisheries exploiting stocks of plaice and sole in the North Sea
- ICES Advice for 2015 (June 2014) Cod in Subarea IV (North Sea) and Divisions VIId (Eastern Channel) and IIIa West (Skagerrak)
- STECF evaluation of the North Sea plaice and sole plan
- STECF evaluation of the NS cod plan
- STECF advice on area definitions for the management plans
European Commission, Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Unit E2, Fisheries conservation and control Baltic and North Sea
Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
Unit E2, Fisheries conservation and control Baltic and North Sea
Specific privacy statement [15 KB]