EURATOM Disposal Programme Dissemination Workshop (EURADISS 2012)
The objectives of the workshop were to:
- Present, discuss, document and disseminate the scientific-technical advances from projects operating under the EURATOM disposal programme, and
- Discuss and make suggestions concerning this dissemination, also in view of forthcoming changes in the programme and its boundary conditions.
The workshop was organized on behalf of the IGD-TP. It was the first of a series events with the aim of disseminating the outcome of the scientific-technical activities within the EURATOM disposal programme. It reflects and is intended to be one important element in response to requirements for systematic dissemination of results in recent call for proposals within the ongoing FP7 (Call FP7-Fission-2012). In the forthcoming framework programme and Horizon 2020, IGD-TP funded activities and projects will be included.
In 2014 and in 2015 the IGD-TP will organize the follow-up dissemination events. In 2013, the entire EURATOM disposal programme is disseminated and communicated within the EURADWASTE 2013 conference.
→ Download the flyer
Hotel Mercure Montpellier Centre
6 rue de la Spirale Languedoc Roussillon
340000 - Montpellier
The outcome of the workshop is proceedings in the form of a JRC report. The proceedings contains:
- Background and overview information on the programme and the proceedings
- Overview papers for the scientific-technical status of each of the on-going projects (approx 10 pages per paper)
- Additional papers, as desired
- Outcome of the panel discussion
Below is the agenda with links to the presentations.
The agenda is structured along three sessions, namely
- Source Term, Migration and Performance Assessment
- Engineered Barrier Systems
- Repository Technology,
and a Panel with discussion and recommendations concerning future Dissemination.
Thursday, 25th October 2012
13:30 - 14:30 Introductory Session
- Gunnar Buckau (JRC) 10’
- Christophe Davies (DG-RTD) 15’
- Thomas Kirchner (DG ENER) 15’
- Simon Norris (IGD-TP/NDA) 15’
Session I: Source term, Migration and Performance Assessment
- Bernhard Kienzler (KIT-INE)
14:50 - 15:10 REDUPP (Reducing Uncertainty in Performance Prediction)
- Lena Zetterstrom Evins (SKB)
- Tomo Suzuki (SUBATECH)
15:30 - 16:00 -- Coffee Break --
16:00 - 16:20 CATCLAY (Processes of Cation Migration in Clayrocks)
- Sebastien Savoye (CEA)
16:20 - 16:40 CROCK (Crystalline Rock Retention Processes)
- Thomas Rabung (KIT-INE)
16:40 - 17:00 FORGE (Fate Of Repository Gases)
- Richard Shaw (BGS)
17:00 - 17:20 RECOSY (Redox Phenomena Controlling Systems)
- Marcus Altmaier (KIT-INE)
19:00 - 22:00 Poster session with Buffet
Friday, 26th October 2012
Session II: Engineered Barrier System (EBS)
- Patrik Sellin (SKB)
- Patrik Sellin (SKB)
Session III: Repository technology
09:30 - 09:50 LUCOEX (Large Underground Concept Experiments)
- Christer Svemar (SKB)
09:50 - 10:20 -- Coffee Break --
- Werner von Lensa (JÜLICH)
Session IV: Governance
- Anne Bergmans (U-ANTW)
- Kjell Andersson (KARITA)
11:30 - 13:00 Panel
- Christophe Davies (DG-RTD)
- Thomas Kirchner (DG ENER)
- Peter Wikberg (SKB)
- Jordi Bruno (AMPHOS 21)
- Simon Norris (IGD-TP/NDA)
The minutes of the EURADISS workshop compiles the opinions and suggestions discussed during the Panel Session.
→ Download the minutes.
→ All presentations presented during the EURADISS workshop are available on the agenda page.
The proceedings of the EURADISS workshop are also available on the JRC webpage.
→ Download the EURADISS Proceedings.