European Forum for Science and Industry
The JRC has decided to create a European Forum for Science and Industry to strengthen dialogue and cooperation on the science needs of industry in key sectors for European competitiveness.
The initiative was launched following the roundtable "Scientific Support to European Industrial Competitiveness", organised by the JRC on 15 February. The event brought together for the first time chief science representatives from top R&D investor companies, industry associations, the scientific community and the European Commission.
Following the roundtable, JRC Director-General Dominique Ristori proposed to establish a more permanent European Forum for Science and Industry in order to exchange views on the needs of industry concerning science and innovation. This idea was welcomed by the roundtable participants.
The forum will bring together on a regular and structured basis public institutions, industry, science organisations and networks to discuss themes of key importance for European competitiveness.
Relevant economic sectors concerned by this initiative are:
- Clean transport
- Environment and climate change
- Eco-Industry and biotechnologies
- Food security
- Danube strategy
- Behavioural and humanity social sciences
The forum will be managed by the European Commission's Joint Research Centre in close cooperation with the DG Enterprise & Industry and the participation of DG Research & Innovation, DG Energy, DG Information Society & Media, DG Mobility & Transport, and DG Health and Consumers.
On a regular basis, the JRC will publish news about the European Forum for Science and Industry. This will include information on JRC activities related to industry needs, updates on innovative examples from science and industry as well as the announcement of upcoming events from both JRC and partners. If you would like to receive the newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
European Forum for Science and Industry Newsletter
- Issue #21, April 2013
- Issue #20, April 2013
- Issue #19, March 2013
- Issue #18, March 2013
- Issue #17, February 2013
- Issue #16, February 2013
- Issue #15, January 2013
- Issue #14, January 2013
- Issue #13, December 2012
- Issue #12, December 2012
- Issue #11, November 2012
- Issue #10, October 2012
- Issue #09, October 2012
- Issue #08, September 2012
- Issue #07, September 2012
- Issue #06, July 2012
- Issue #05, July 2012
- Issue #04, June 2012
- Issue #03, May 2012
- Issue #02, May 2012
- Issue #01, April 2012
- Event: Scientific support to European industrial competitiveness: Roundtable with Industry Chief Scientists (15/02/2012, Brussels)
- JRC Conference on "Scientific support for growth, jobs and sustainability: the example of the Eco-Industries" (15/05/2012, Brussels)
- JRC Roundtable on “Scientific Support for Nuclear Decommissioning” (11/09/2012, Brussels)
- European Forum for Science and Industry Roundtable: Scientific Support to EU Refining Capacity (01/10/2012, Brussels)