European Forum for Science and Industry
In 2012, the JRC established a permanent European Forum for Science and Industry (EFSI) in order to exchange views on the needs of the industry concerning science and innovation. The European Forum for Science and Industry enhances the dialogue and cooperation on the scientific needs of industry in a regular and structured way.
Providing Scientific Support to Industry
Future EU research and innovation programmes will focus on Europe 2020 objectives and particularly the Innovation Union: The European Forum for Science and Industry provides a reliable platform for the discussion, sharing and development of future projects aimed at boosting successful dialogue and cooperation between science and industry.
Relevant economic sectors
In line with the Europe 2020 strategy, the priorities of the JRC over the next years will support the following key sectors for economic growth:
- Clean transport;
- Environment and climate change;
- Eco-Industry and biotechnologies;
- Food security;
- Danube strategy;
- Behavioural and humanity social sciences.
- Event: Scientific support to European industrial competitiveness: Roundtable with Industry Chief Scientists (15/02/2012, Brussels)
- JRC Conference on "Scientific support for growth, jobs and sustainability: the example of the Eco-Industries" (15/05/2012, Brussels)
- JRC Roundtable on “Scientific Support for Nuclear Decommissioning” (11/09/2012, Brussels)
- European Forum for Science and Industry Roundtable: Scientific Support to EU Refining Capacity (01/10/2012, Brussels)