Ispra (IT) - 13/05/10 - 14/05/10
Constructing Composite Indicators: Theoretical and practical aspects
The JRC Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC) is organising a two-day seminar on the development, validation and dissemination of composite indicators to European Commission officials, members of the academia and international organisations.
Objective and content
The objective is to provide participants with general guidelines for constructing composite indicators.
- to introduce alternative methodologies for building composite indicators
- to show how to apply these methods on the examples of composite indicators provided
- to present methods for assessing the quality and robustness of composite indicators
- to discuss common pitfalls in the development of composite indicators
- to present examples of best practices regarding presentation and dissemination of composite indicators