Barcelona (ES) - 18/07/08 - 22/07/08
Euroscience Open Forum (ESOF) 2008
The EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) is an open platform for debate and communication for the science community of Europe and the world promoted by Euroscience.
It presents and profiles Europe's leading research trends in the sciences, humanities and social sciences.
By bringing together researchers across disciplines and from all around Europe, Euroscience has created ESOF to promote the European Research Area (ERA). ESOF also encourages the young people of Europe to consider and develop careers in science, technology and the humanities.
The JRC is organising the following sessions at ESOF 2008:
- Mars and Venus: how Europeans and Americans view and use science
- Atomic detectives: nuclear forensics and illicit trafficking
- Nanotechnology and health – promises and risks
- Dolly for dinner? Technological and socioeconomic perspectives of animal cloning
- Photovoltaics: Sustainable energy in the Mediterranean region