JRC support to Maritime Policy
There is no Community Maritime Policy as such; instead, maritime matters are embedded in many of the Community policies.
Consequently, JRC research on maritime matters is embedded in different policy themes under various actions.
No more fish to capture in 2048?
JRC scientists comment on study published in Science magazine
Background information on JRC activities
- JRC's support to Common Fisheries Policy
- The Vessel Detection System
- Maritime Surveillance
- Remotely Operated Tanker Inspection System (ROTIS) for safer navigation and cleaner seas
- Support for the recovery of European regional seas
- Detection and Classification of Maritime Traffic from Space (DECLIMS)
- JRC releases report on plight of European coastal and sea waters
EU Maritime policy
EU Maritime policy website
Press Release 02/05/2007: "Europe to take another step towards a new EU maritime policy in Bremen"
Press Release 12/06/2007: "Commission welcomes Council decisions strengthening shift to long-term fisheries management"
Green paper "Towards a future Maritime Policy for the Union": A European vision for the oceans and seas"