Oslo (NO) - 18/06/10
Information exchange event JRC-Norway
The JRC, together with the Research Council of Norway, organised an Information Exchange Event in Oslo on 18 June, which was held at the CIENS (Oslo Centre for Interdisciplinary Environment and Social research).
Speakers from the JRC and from Norway presented their main activities in fields of common interest, in particular energy and climate change. The programme focused more specifically on environmental friendly energy research.
Karin Helene Refsnes (JRC Norwegian Board Member ), Kyrre Lekve and Roland Schenkel in Oslo © EU (2010)
The event was opened by the Norwegian State Secretary for the Minister of Higher Education and Research, Mr. Kyrre Lekve, who expressed his wish for an enhanced collaboration of Norwegian institutions with the JRC.
Around 30 participants from government and research institutions, as well as the JRC Board Members and participants attended the information exchange event and gained insight into the work done by the JRC Institutes for Energy (IE), Environment and Sustainability (IES) and Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS).
- JRC Information Exchange Day in Norway - Programme
- Research on Impacts of Climate Change in Norway
- Bioenergy Innovation Centre
- Development of Low Carbon Society JRC related activities and contributions
- Impacts of Climate Change in Europe - JRC research to support adaptation options
- How will climate change and climate change policies affect our economies?
- The Research Council of Norway - Introduction to the Information Exchange Event
- Potential New Collaboration with Norway