Chicago (US) - 12/02/09 - 16/02/09
AAAS Annual Meeting 2009
The theme of the 2009 AAAS Meeting is "Our Planet and Its Life: Origins and Futures" recognizes that 2009 is the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin's birth and the 150th anniversary of the publication of his book, On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection. New understanding of the processes that fascinated Darwin continues to be the focus of intense research 150 years later.
The JRC is contributing to this event with four sessions
- Keeping the Lights on: The Revival of Nuclear Energy for Our Future
- Life Beneath Our Feet: Research Challenges in Soil Biodiversity
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis: Beyond Natural Selection?
- Nanofood for Healthier Living?
and is providing input to one topical lecture
- New Approaches to the Therapy of Infectious Diseases (Topical lecture)
>> see the online press pack