The JRC presented its activities in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Skopje (MK) - 19/10/10
JRC Information exchange event in Skopje
The JRC and the Ministry for Education and Science of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia co-hosted an Information Exchange event in Skopje on 19 October 2010.
The event aimed at raising awareness about JRC activities in support of EU policies and opportunities for collaboration with the JRC. The audience of around 200 had the chance to get an insight into the research work done at the JRC, supporting decision makers in the conception, development, implementation and assessment of EU policies. JRC scientists were available, via videoconference connection with the biggest JRC site in Ispra, Italy and the site in Seville, Spain, to present and discuss with the participants their research in the areas of renewable energies and energy efficiency, environmental assessment and sustainable use of resources as well as support to sustainable agriculture and rural development. Research opportunities within the EU's Seventh Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development (FP7) were also part of the discussion.
The event was opened by the Minister for Education and Science, Mr Nikola Todorov and the JRC Board of Governors member, Mr Atanas Kocov, who both expressed their wish for enhanced collaboration of national scientific institutions with the JRC.
Presentations given during the event
- European Research Area and Research Opportunities in FP7 by Tania Friederichs, DG Research, European Commission
- Scientific and Technical Support to EU Policies by Ulla Engelmann, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Research Facilities at the JRC by Ulla Engelmann, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- How to Collaborate with the Joint Research Centre (JRC) by Vena Georgieva, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Collaboration Activities between the JRC and the Republic of Macedonia by Marina Nikolovska, Ministry of Education and Science, JRC National Contact Point
- Renewable Energy Unit by Benigna Boza-Kiss, Institute for Energy, Joint Research Centre (JRC)
- ENvironmental assessment of waste and the SUstainable use of REsources – ENSURE Action by Rana Pant, Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES), Sustainability Assessment Unit, JRC
- SUSTAG (Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development) action – Overview and Selected Activities by Fabien Santini & Sergio Gomez y Paloma, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS), JRC