New EU call for researchers
A selection procedure for fixed-term positions has been launched today to set up a database of over 3000 successful candidates with a research background. They will be placed on a reserve list and called for interview according to the needs of the services (auxiliary contract staff - function group IV ).
Registration is done via the EPSO website until 1 March 2013 (12:00 CET).
The selection is aimed at researchers in the following areas:
- Natural sciences
- Quantitative sciences
- Human and social sciences
- Agricultural, environmental and earth sciences
- Health sciences
Most of the posts available will be for the JRC Institutes , located in five different countries: Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. In addition, some positions will be offered in Brussels for other Commission Directorates-General.
Candidates must either have:
- a university degree of at least three years, and at least five years of professional experience in one of the fields listed below*
- a doctoral diploma in one of the fields listed below* – candidates who have not yet defended their doctoral thesis can apply under the condition they have obtained the doctoral diploma at the time they are called for an interview.
Candidates must be a citizen of one of the 27 EU Member States or of one of the associated countries to the 7th Research Programme**. All the specific requirements can be found on the EPSO website.
* Biology, Chemistry, Natural Sciences, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Oceanography / Marine Sciences, Nanotechnology, Nanobiotechnology, Veterinary, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Material Sciences, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Educational Sciences, Psychology, Geography, Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Engineering, Meteorology, Ecology, Forestry, Geology, Hydrological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmacy, Nutritional Sciences
** Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Norway, Republic of Moldova, Switzerland, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey