JRC launches the enlargement and integration action 2013© EU, 2012
Enlargement and Integration Action: 5 positions available at the JRC
The JRC hosts a maximum of 40 scientists per year under this action. In 2013, 5 vacancies are open for Grantholders, with deadline for application on 30 September. The fields of expertise requested are:
- Security inspection at EU airport passenger screening check-points
- Assessing Efficiency of Water Use in Present and Future Societies: Supporting the implementation of the 2012 Water Blueprint in Enlargement and Integration Countries
- Assessing the economic and social value of innovative renewable energy technologies
- Electromobility / Transport Modelling Expert
- Development of technical waste management standards
Grantholder applicants should be from one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Faroe Island, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Switzerland, Serbia, Turkey and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
In addition, the JRC will organise 40 activities, including workshops, trainings schools and conferences addressing specific topics of its competence with the aim to familiarise the experts from the target countries with the EU legislation in respective scientific domains, as well as to encourage scientific exchange and future cooperation.
The JRC's action for enlargement and integration promotes training, mobility and joint projects addressing specific needs of countries on the road towards EU membership, Framework Programme Associated Countries, Bulgaria, Romania and on a selected basis, the European Neighbourhood policy partner countries and Russia. Focus is on complex scientific and technical issues underpinning EU legislation in areas such as sustainable energy, energy security, biotechnology, food safety and quality, environment, water management, risk assessment, nuclear safety.
For more information, visit E&IA webpage.
Details about the grants are available here.