The Mandate of the Evaluation Function
The evaluation charter for the DG was adopted in March 2008. It defines the objectives and organisation in this service.
The central evaluation function carries out the following tasks:
- Develop guidelines for evaluation in DG Internal Market and Services
- Propose a mid-term evaluation programme on the basis of input from operational units
- Provide technical assistance to operational units to implement a light, efficient system of ad-hoc evaluation
- Help promulgate evaluation results
- Act as relay between DG Internal Market and Services and other evaluation functions in the Commission, especially Secretariat General
- Report to the Director General on evaluation activities in the DG.
Evaluating Legislation in DG Internal Market and Services
In March 2008 the evaluation function of DG Internal Market & Services developed a specific guide to evaluating Internal Market and Services legislation for its own staff. However, it may also be a useful reference tool for anyone else involved in evaluating legislation in the Internal Market field: