Implementing the Commission's Evaluation Policy
Our Evaluation Unit is responsible for implementing the Commission's Evaluation Policy across all DG's activities, in association with DG Budget.
The Commission has decided to significantly strengthen evaluation and monitoring as part of the reform programme for sound and efficient management.
A set of Guideline explains the scope of evaluation within the Commission and how to organise, plan and carry out evaluation activities at different stages of programmes, activities and policies. It also gives advice on how to disseminate and follow-up on the resulting findings.
This requires that all actions are judged according to their results, impacts and needs they aim to satisfy.
Evaluation Plan of DG Information Society and Media
The Evaluation Unit supports policy-making, plans and manages external, independent evaluations, promotes coherence in self-assessment, and fosters a constructive dialogue between evaluators and operational units.
Links and key documents
- Evaluation of EU activities
- Communication " [86 KB] " Ref.: SEC(2000)1051
- Communication " Responding to Strategic Needs: Reinforcing the use of Evaluation [270 KB] " Ref.: SEC(2007)0213
- [101 KB]
- Evaluation Plan 2009 [26 KB]
- Evaluation Plan 2010 [29 KB]
- Evaluation Plan 2011 [102 KB]
- Evaluation Plan 2012 [108 KB]