To promote excellence in the practice of human resources management and in securing internal security for the European Commission.
Our values and belief statements consist of:
- A commitment to honest, fair and ethical practice
- A commitment to providing quality services to our staff, management and stakeholders
- Provision of an environment that encourages innovation and recognition of accomplishments
- Leadership in the promotion and development of human resources professionals
In pursuing its mission, Directorate-General Human Resources and Security:
- sets the human resources framework within which an effective and efficient use of the resources, to optimise the contribution to the Commission’s strategy, can take place;
- efficiently and effectively delivers human resources services from recruitment to retirement and beyond (covering the whole employment cycle), to the Commission through the human resources core processes;
- supports the human resources service delivery by professionalizing the human resources function and automating processes;
- makes sure that quality services are provided to the Institution and their staff in a timely and efficient manner;
- provides health promotion and education measures for active staff;
- ensures the safety, security and protection of staff, property, activities and information at all places of employment;
- collaborates with and coordinates for the other Institutions a number of areas linked to the Staff Regulations;
- communicates on a timely basis on policies, actions and initiatives of relevance with Commission staff;
- talks to and coordinates with other external stakeholders.