- AT/DE/LU: Östliche Partnerschaft
- BG: Източно партньорство
- CS: Východní partnerství
- EE: idapartnerlus
- ES: Asociación Oriental
- FI: itäinen kumppanuus
- FR/BE/LU: Partenariat Oriental
- HU: Keleti Partnerség
- IE: Comhpháirtíocht an Oirthir
- IT: Partenariato Orientale
- LT: Rytų partnerystė
- LV: Austrumu partnerība
- MT: Sħubija mal-Lvant
- NL/BE: Oostelijk Partnerschap
- NO: Det østlige partnerskapet (b) / Det austlege partnarskapet (n)
- PL: Partnerstwo Wschodnie
- PT: parceria oriental
- RO: Parteneriatul Estic
- SE: Östra partnerskapet
- SI: Vzhodno partnerstvo
- SK: Východné partnerstvo
An institutionalised forum for EU cooperation with its Eastern neighbours whose main goal is to create the necessary conditions to accelerate political association and further economic integration.
Synonym(s): EAP Söderköping Process
Broader Term: European Neighbourhood Policy
Related Term: Black Sea synergy, Euro-Mediterranean Partnership
1.Within the context of the Eastern Partnership Platform 1 (democracy, good governance and stability), the Eastern Partnership Panel on Migration and Asylum (EaP) was created in 2011. The overall objective of the Panel is to strengthen the asylum and migration systems of Eastern partners and advance the dialogue on migration and asylum issues between the Eastern partners and the EU, as well as amongst the Eastern partners.
2. The precursor of the EaP was the Söderköping Process, which was launched in May 2001 as a cross-border cooperation on asylum and migration in order to respond to new challenges due to the EU's enlargement eastwards. With the establishment of the Panel on Migration and Asylum within the Eastern Partnership’s Platform 1, the work of the Söderköping Process is being carried on within the multilateral dimension of the Eastern Partnership.
3. For more information, see the website of the EAP.