- AT/DE/LU: Östliche Partnerschaft
- BG: Източно партньорство
- ES: Asociación Oriental
- FI: Itäinen kumppanuus
- FR/BE/LU: Partenariat Oriental
- HU: Keleti Partnerség
- IE: Comhpháirtíocht an Oirthir
- IT: Partenariato Orientale
- LV: Austrumu partnerība
- MT: Sħubija mal-Lvant
- NL/BE: Oostelijk Partnerschap
- NO: partnerskap med land i øst
- PL: Partnerstwo Wschodnie
- PT: parceria oriental
- RO: Parteneriatul Estic
- SE: östligt partnerskap
- SK: Východné partnerstvo
An institutionalised forum for EU co-operation with its Eastern Neighbours whose main goal is to create the necessary conditions to accelerate political association and further economic integration.
Related Term: Global Approach to Migration
1. Specific Eastern Neighbour countries are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
2. Amongst other topics, such a parternship aims to conclude “mobility and security pacts”, allowing for easier legitimate travel to the EU while at the same time stepping up efforts to combat corruption, organized crime and irregular migration. These pacts would also cover the upgrading asylum systems to EU standards and the establishment of integrated border management structures, etc. The ultimate long term goal would be full visa liberalization, on a case by case basis, provided that conditions for well-managed and secure mobility are in place.
3. Possibilities for labour mobility with the aim of further opening of the EU labour market are also studied.
4. In September 2011, a Commission Communication on Cooperation in the Area of Justice and Home Affairs within the Eastern Partnership (COM(2011) 564) was published.
Source:EU External Action Service