Seminar on "Animal welfare as a way to preserve diversity & quality in animal production"
10 June 2015, Milan EXPO
DG SANTE hosted a seminar examining the question of the global challenges affecting animal welfare whilst respecting the need for protein products. It considered the adoption of a "food systems view" examining the triple bottom line of improving the economy, public health and the environment. The event also recognised that agriculture, food, cultural diversity and health are intertwined by presenting case studies from the EU and beyond.
- Final agenda of the seminar
- The key messages
- Full video of the event available here
- Animal Welfare as A Way to Preserve Diversity and Quality in Animal Production (1)
- Animal Welfare as A Way to Preserve Diversity and Quality in Animal Production (2)
- Are consumers ready to understand the added value of animal welfare in products?
- EU Animal Welfare Standards: The Challenge posed by Globalization and International Trade
- Agricultural Biodiversity in EFSA’s Risk Assessments for Animal Welfare